The black forest cake recipe
You don’t needs to make a light- as- air sponge cake.
The dairy- free version of a classic gateau shows you how.
Black forest cake recipe
The black forest cake recipe it’s an easy recipe to make at home.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 250 g self- raising wholemeal flour
- 250 g soft brown suger
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 125 ml rapeseed oil
- 150 ml soya milk
- 1 tbsp vegan yogurt, coconut cream
- 25 g dairy free dark chocolate, 70 percent cocoa solids
- fresh cherries or berries, to decorate
- 4 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp lime rind
- 4 tbsp cherry or blackberry jam
- Oil two 20 cm circular spongs tins and line them with baking parchment.Preheat the oven to 180C.Place all the cake ingredients, except the chocolate, in a food processorand beat together thoroughly.Coarsely grate or chop the chocolate and add to the cake mixture. Divide the mixture between the sponge tins and level the tops with a spatula. Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a cocktail stick inserted into the centerof each sponge comes out clean.Allow cooling a litter, then turn out on to a wire rack to become completely cold.Place the cream cheese in a bowl and stir in the lime rind.Spread one side of a cold sponge with the lime cream cheese, and spreadthe other sponge with jam. sandwich together and put on a serving plate.Decorate the cake with fresh cherries or berries and serve with vanillaice cream and hot chocolate sauce.