Peas rice is my home recipe, My mom teach me how to cook peas rice. The simple ingredient you find a kitchen, In Pakistani called Pulao, it made of all Punjabi house, this is also my childhood recipe.
This is my home recipe twice a week I make this recipe, my kids love it, some people add potatoes, and tomato, the different variations you create in this recipe. The idea for the school and office lunch box.
It healthy vegetable recipe for vegan and vegetarian, Just make some non – Veg gravy, paneer curry, and serve with fresh salad or raita.
I am using basmati rice, basmati rice smell and texture are very long, and soft ( Tip ) 40 min rice wash and soak in water for a good result.
Chopped 1 large onion, some whole spices for aromatic flavour.
1/2 Cup Ghee or better, Ginger garlic paste.
One cups fresh green peas.
In a large pot add Ghee, or butter onion and whole spices saute until lightly golden.
Add peas and Measure 3 cups hot water.
Once water is boiled add soak rice, mix well, cook high flame for 7 min.
Until rice absorbed water, then flame are low, cover up and simmer
After 10 min Rice Recipe | Pulao is ready smell aromatic
flavour soft, rice ready serve with salad, shami kabab.
Peas Rice Recipe | Peas Pulao
- Big Cooking Pot
- 600 G White Basmati Rice, Soak in hour
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 1/2 Cup Ghee or Butter
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1 Onion cut into slice
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Black cardamom pods
- 1 tsp Black Cumin seeds
- 10 Whole black pepper pods
- 4 Green Cardamom
- 6 Green Chili
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot add ghee or butter, add onion sliced lightly golden color fry.
- Add all Whole spices and saute 3 min, when aroma is come out.
- Add green peas, again saute 3 min then measure water, and salt add in cooking pot.
- Once water is boiling add soak basmati rice and cook until water is dry then add whole green chili, mix well.
- Then simmer 10 min low flame.
- Now Peas Rice Recipe | Peas Pulao is ready to serve with raita, fresh salad.