Shinwari Lamb Karahi Recipe2023-05-31
The Shinwari Lamb Karahi Recipe is one of the most famous dishes of this cuisine. It is a simple yet flavorful dish that is loved by people all over Pakistan.
The dish is named after the karahi, a type of wok in which it is cooked. The karahi is a staple of Pakistani cooking and is used to make many other dishes as well.
Shinwari cuisine is a type of food that originates from the Shinwari tribe of Pakistan. This tribe is known for its love of lamb meat, which is the main ingredient in many of their dishes. Shinwari cuisine is traditionally prepared on a wood-fired stove, which adds a unique smoky flavor to the food.
Ingredients for Shinwari Lamb Karahi recipe
To prepare the Shinwari Lamb Karahi, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 kg lamb, cut into small pieces
– 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 1 teaspoon ginger paste
– 1 teaspoon garlic paste
– 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
– 1 teaspoon red chili powder
– 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 cup oil
– Salt to taste
– Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
Follow these step-by-step instructions to make the Shinwari Lamb Karahi:
1. Heat the oil in a karahi or wok. Once the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and coriander seeds. Fry for a few seconds until they start to pop.
2. Add the chopped onions to the karahi and fry until they turn golden brown.
3. Add the ginger and garlic paste to the karahi and fry for a minute or two until the raw smell disappears.
4. Add the lamb pieces to the karahi and fry for 5-7 minutes until they are browned on all sides.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes to the karahi and cook for 5-7 minutes until they are soft and mushy.
6. Add the red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt to the karahi and mix well.
7. Cover the karahi and let the lamb cook on low heat for 30-40 minutes until it is tender and cooked through.
8. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with naan or rice.
More Tasty Recipes Link Below: