How To Make Spinach And Goats Cheese Tart Recipe
Spinach and goats cheese tart is very a simple recipe. its idea to serve snack time. goat cheese is a lemony flavor, a good combination with spinach. today my recipe is Spinach And Goats Cheese Tart recipe. combine the eggs or cream mixture.
Spinach And Goats Cheese Tart Recipe
This recipe will serve 4 people, you can make 4 individual tarts, or one large one when I made them I went for 2 big tarts. There will be enough rough puff pastry for whatever you choose, probably extra if you make one big pie, if that’s the case, wrap the extra in cling film and chuck it in the freezer to use another time… or, stick some jam in it and bake a few homemade jam tarts.
I served my pie hot with mash, roasted root veg, and green veggies… and of course lashings of gravy. But it is also fantastic cold (I know this because I had it for lunch the next day, a welcomed break from salad, might I add). If you don’t fancy making enough pie for 4 people, half/quarter the recipe… or, make them all and freeze what you don’t need, then just defrost them tarts and warm through in the oven when you want them!
spinach and goats cheese tart
- 250 g plain (all- purpose ) flour
- 125 g butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek,thinly sliced
- 1 head fennel,thinly sliced
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 75 g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 3 egg, lightly beaten
- 170 ml whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.Place the flour and butter in a food processor and process until the mixtureresembles breadcrumbs. Gradually add 3-4 tablespoon iced water until the pastry comes together. Gather into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 mins.Roll the pastry out on a floured surface to fit a 22 cm fluted flan tin.
Ease into the tin a trim off excess.Line with baking paper and fill with baking weights or rice.Bake for 15 mins, then remove the weights and paper and bake for 10 mins.Reduce the oven to 160 C.Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add the leek and fennel andcook for 20 minutes. Remove. add the spinach and cook until wilted.
Spread the leek and fennel over the pastry.Top with the spinach and cheese.Combine the eggs and cream, pour into the pastry shell and bake for 40 minutes.